Stay warm and cosy this winter with a compact personal heater for the home or office. Summer might be on the horizon, but in the UK, temperatures can suddenly drop at any time of the year. The days may be getting lighter but while we wait for temperatures to play catchup. If you want to make sure that you can chase off the chill without having to heat your entire home, your ideal solution may be to track down the best electric heater. What to do?
The answer? The best electric heaters energy efficient, which can be more cost- and energy-efficient for a temporary fix, or when your main heat source just isn’t cutting it.
Top 10 Best Electric Heaters Energy Efficient In The UK 2021
Below we’ve quickly covered the different 10 types of the best electric heaters energy efficient.
1. De’Longhi 1.8kW Ceramic Capsule Fan Heater
A rather stylish option for those looking for a quick fix. This ceramic fan heater comes complete with a safety cut-out switch to prevent overheating.
The Capsule isn’t the cheapest small heater you’ll find on the market but there’s much to like in its compact form. The compact shape and gently rounded edges are a welcome departure from the standard rectangle while the contrasting loop handle makes it very easy to move from one room to another.
The cute grid stylings, mixture of metal and ceramic, and its modern, curved edges set it apart from many heaters that are built for service but not for display. This is a piece of tech that’ll fit into your home and quickly become part of the furniture.
A good job, because this little heater is destined to be your cold weather BFF.
2. Duronic HV102 Micathermic with Remote (Best Convector)
For a radiator that heats up fast and delivers excellent results, the Duronic convector heater is a unique solution. This simple and safe electronic heater can reach full capacity in one minute, and it radiates heat more effectively than your average oil-filled radiator.
What’s more, thanks to its clever design, this handy machine is easy to move around into other parts of your home or room. There’s even an easy-to-read digital display included, so you can track your temperature without issue.
One particularly impressive functionality is the inclusion of remote control, so you can manage your hot it gets from a distance.
3. Wärme Designer Electric Wall Heater Low Energy Panel Heater Radiator – 100% Energy Efficient
The Warme Designer Electric Wall Heater is a stylish low-energy panel heater that looks sleek and stylish and will suit any room. It is safe, efficient, and features a programmable digital thermostat. If you’re looking for a low-cost, easy to use wall heater that would work well in a kid’s room or a den, then this is the ideal choice.
This sleek, slim and understated heater is a space-saving solution for keeping a living space or bedroom warm. With a slim, black appearance and a simple touch panel, this heater could easily be mistaken for a small TV.
The instant heat mode is great for sudden cold snaps, and the weekly programmable cycle lets you automate the heater so that your home is always the right temperature.
This wall heater is easy to install and use, and is maintenance-free, and waterproof too. There is no maintenance or servicing required, it couldn’t be easier!
4. De’Longhi HSX2320: The best convection heater
De’Longhi’s convection heater doesn’t make a lot of fuss about style or features. In fact, with its simple design and slimline body, it seems built to stay out of your way. The two switches on the side let you shift between three power settings, and there’s a thermostat to keep your room at the current temperature, or at a steady 5°C for frost protection.
The HSX2320 heats up fast and does a great job of warming up even medium-sized and larger rooms, silently pushing warmer air from its top-mounted vents. It’s also light and easy to move around, making it a handy heater to have about the house.
5. Ansio 2300W Oil Filled Radiator Heater
The child lock switch disables all the control buttons to prevent children from tampering with the radiator. It also has a timer setting that lets you choose a power on and off schedule between one and 24 hours.
Another notable feature is the memory function. The radiator always stores your last user settings. Plus, in case the radiator is tipped-over accidentally, a safety switch at the base of the heater instantly shuts off the radiator to prevent any risks.
What’s more, this electric heater can be controlled manually via the easy-to-use control panel on the radiator or remotely using the included remote control. It also has wheels for easy mobility.
6. Dimplex CDE2Ti Cadiz ECO Portable Radiator
Oil radiators heat up very quickly and hold the heat which is why they are so popular, but if you want something a bit more economical and environmentally friendly, then this oil-free option is just as good. And it can heat around 35% faster than oil versions.
It still has all the major benefits; a thermostat which allows you to select your desired temperature to an exact degree, as well as frost protection to keep it ticking over and a safety cut-out. The 24-hour timer lets you plan ahead for when you need it to kick in.
The timer setting isn’t the easiest to set up and keep an eye on, and there is no handle to make it easier to pull or push when it is warm, but there are wheels, so you don’t have to lift and carry it everywhere.
It is big, but this only adds to its efficiency really. It would be the perfect heater for a conservatory or spare room, warming it up quickly but also ensuring the entire space is heated.
7. Pro Breeze 2000W Ceramic Tower Fan Heater – (Best Warm Air Heater)
A Pro Breeze this time is in trendy tower shape. As you already know, the tower fan heater is ideal for maximum usability with minimum space.
Pro Breeze tower fan heater has a ceramic resistance that helps to spread the heat more evenly. It ensures a gradual release even if it is turned off. Of course, the cost is fair.
The minimum/maximum consumption corresponds, as for other fan heaters to 1,000/2,000 watts. And you can choose the most suitable one thanks to the adjustable thermostat by means of a knob positioned on the top of the product.
8. Haverland SmartWave Self-Programming Electric Radiators
The Haverland SmartWave radiators represent the next generation of smart heating, offering intuitive motion sensing technology that allows these electric radiators to manage themselves.
These radiators are fully programmable allowing you to fit your heating around your lifestyle, cutting down your energy usage to the minimum required. The SmartWave will also program itself based on your weekly routine.
The SmartWave can be WiFi controlled enabling you to programme your entire central heating system from your mobile, tablet or computer even when you are not in the house. The SmartWave is also compatible with Amazon Alexa for voice control.
9. Black + Decker BXSH44005GB Ceramic Tower Fan Heater
Powerful 2.2KW heater with ceramic stone element – The hot air generated by the heater is preserved in the element which helps to maintain a consistent and efficient temperature, all while using less energy.
Led display with easy to use touch screen controls to help regulate the temperature between 10 and 49 degrees. Use all year around with choice of 3 temperature setting to keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Tip-over switch, overheat protection provides peace of mind and integrated carry handle for easy manoeuvring around the home.
10. FUTURA 2000W Electric Wall Panel Heater Space Electric Radiator
If you are seeking simplicity in design, this FUTURA electric wall panel electric radiator is worth looking into. This wall mountable radiator boasts three distinct heating modes to accommodate individual preference.
Choose from economy mode if you are looking to slash your energy bills, comfort mode for ensuring optimal temperatures and frost-free mode to eliminate significantly low temperatures.
Easy to operate and install, this energy-saving 400 wattage radiator can be used in any room of the home.
Looking for a radiator to heat a bathroom? Thanks to its IP24 rating, this FUTURA is an ideal choice.
How to shop best electric heaters for your home?
You should consider the followings:
– Energy efficiency: You’ll want to compare efficiency between models to help ensure you don’t increase your electricity bill too much.
– Noise level: Some units are louder than others. If you’re shopping for a bedroom or where you’ll be working during the day, that’s something to keep in mind. One resource for finding devices that are especially quiet is Quiet Mark, which tests and awards products based on their noise output.
– Safety features: Space heaters can be potential fire hazards so don’t overlook any built-in features designed to lessen that chance. “Make sure to buy one that has protective grills as well as auto-shut off capabilities [in case] the heater tips over or overheats,” said Carson.
– Design: Portable heaters cannot be considered the trendiest looking home appliances. All thanks to their designers, however, some of the latest generations have a sense of style in them. Some have a distinctly futuristic design and often come with multiple colors to match your room.
– Type of Electric Heater: When choosing a heater for your home, the very first thing you’ll have to make up your mind is the type of electric heater that is most suitable for your house. Each of these is best suited for different homes.
– Portable or Wall Mounted: Some models are available for both free-standing and wall-mounting, and they’re dispatched with wall mounting brackets and feet. That means you can practically install the wall brackets in a single room and make use of the feet if you wish to re-position your electric heater. For easy re-positioning, a free-standing electric heater is an ideal option.
– Warranty: Don’t forget to look into warranty options. “This way, you can protect your investment in case anything happens,” added Wiseman.
Generally, weather turns cold and the winter bites, it will be important to keep things warm inside. If your central heating doesn’t quite cut it – or if you’re in an area with no gas heating – then the best electric heater energy efficient (sometimes known as a space heater) is worth considering. In the home, you might consider using an electric heater if only requiring short, targeted warmth.
Whether you want to warm up a bedroom before you go to sleep, or just want to try and fill in a little heat in your living room, an electric heater can be a great way to keep your home cosy without paying for huge electricity bills.