For those who love cooking and doing experiments with recipes, whether it’s regularly or occasionally, an oven is one of your crucial kitchen purchases.
Even if you love making cakes, pizzas, cookies; getting the best electric oven for baking will further enhance your cooking skill significantly.
It is always satisfying to be able to cook your favorite items, whether it’s a pizza or cake or something that requires more cooking skills. A good oven enhances your cooking experience, and also gets you warm compliments from friends and family.
Top 10 Best electric oven in Uk 2021
It’s worth thinking about how often it’s going to be used. Unlike cookers, ovens aren’t freestanding. A built-in oven is set into a column-style housing unit and is usually more convenient than a cooker if you have a fitted kitchen. They can be slotted under the counter or at eye-level. You will also need a separate hob in addition to your oven for stovetop cooking. For this reason, I have come up with the top 10 best electric oven to help you decide which one to buy.
1. Russell Hobbs RHFEO6502B Single Electric Fan Oven
This Russell Hobbs black glass built in fan oven has a sleek and stylish design, sure to look perfect in your home whilst complimenting your other appliances. The built in design takes up minimal space whilst the black colour will make a statement and look modern. With a single cavity, this compact electric oven can easily slot into your home.
The impressive 65 litre capacity is sufficient for your family’s cooking needs. The RHFEO6502B has 6 oven functions which include convection with fan, single grill, and grill with fan, giving you the flexibility you need to deliver the best cooking results. This integrated oven also comes with 2 shelves so you can cook a variety of dishes at once. The oven dials are clearly labelled for ease of use whilst the oven lights mean that you can check on the progress of your cooking without opening the oven door, ensuring optimum cooking. For versatility, this oven comes with a grill pan and handle.
2. Russell Hobbs Built-In 65L Stainless steel Electric Fan Oven,RHFEO6502SS
This Stainless Steel built in fan oven has an impressive 65 litre capacity, perfect for cooking dishes for your entire family. It has 5 oven functions which include convection with fan, single grill and grill with fan. It has 2 oven shelves so you can easily cook multiple dishes at once, a double glazed door for efficient cooking and peace of mind about safety and an easy clean enamel interior.
This oven is fan assisted ensuring a more even cooking temperature, giving you delicious safely and thoroughly cooked food.
With an impressive 65 litre capacity, this oven can handle cooking for a large family. This oven also has 2 shelves giving you the ability to cook multiple dishes at once.
Saving you time and effort, this built in oven has an easy clean interior so you won’t need to waste time scrubbing the inside of your oven. What’s more, this feature will leave your oven looking new for longer.
3. Mini Oven | 35 Lliters |Toaster Oven | Electric Oven | Oven | Small Oven | Double Glass Door | Removable Crumb Tray | Interior Lighting | 3D Recirculation | 1700 Watts
This is an electric oven with novel design, easy operation, fast heating and versatility.
Koolla Group, a supplier of quality household products. We offer the ultimate cooking solutions for the world.
This 35L Mini Oven and Grill with Double Layer Anti-Scalding Glass is the perfect addition to any style of kitchen.
This product boasts high levels of efficiency and power, as well as having the necessary safety features that make this unit extremely convenient to have in your kitchen.
4. Cookology SFO57SS 60cm Built-in Single Electric Fan Oven in Stainless Steel
Cookology has now developed the SFO57SS, a single electric fan oven designed to be simple to operate, energy efficient and easy to install.
You build this oven into a single oven cavity in your kitchen. This can be either an under-counter cavity or an eye-level cavity. Being 2.4kW means you can fit a plug to this oven without needing to hard-wire if you don’t want to.
You get a choice of several functions including Defrost, where the only the fan is on so that frozen food defrosts faster; Grill; a light function that illuminates the oven without any heat, which is ideal for cleaning and fan oven.
Being a Fan Oven gives you loads of advantages over conventional cooking. For instance it means you can cook on several shelves at once, the oven gets hot very quickly so you do not need ages to pre-heat and the heat is distributed evenly through-out the cavity.
This Oven comes with a 12 month guarantee, an A+ Energy rating and is CE Certified.
5. AEG BPS355020M Pyrolytic Self Cleaning SteamBake Single Oven
It’s like having a professional chef working by your side without the need to crowd your kitchen! Also notable is the fact that this is the only oven with an energy rating of A+ on our list. You’re getting it all in a hefty, 71-liter capacity.
AEG gets a little fancy with this model. AEG’s Inclined FloodLight™ is specially positioned at the front of the oven to angle directly over your food to provide crisp, clear views of cooking progress.
There’s also a base-heat finishing feature that allows you to reheat delicate items like pies using just the bottom element. This oven’s pyrolytic cleaning function is really something else.
With this feature, all of the dirt, grease and residue that accumulates over the course of preparing dishes transforms into a fine ash that you can easily wipe away with just a damp sponge. That means no scrubbing, soaking or struggling.
The aspect of this oven that really pampers is its soft-closing door technology that ensures your door always closes softly and silently. It’s a very refreshing touch for anyone who hates the jarring sound of an oven door snapping shut when too much force is applied.
6. Samsung NV70K1340BS 70L Built In Electric Single Oven Stainless Steel
Two fans are twice as efficient, providing twice as much satisfaction. Two fans spread the heat evenly throughout the oven.
For those who appreciate style, Twin oven Samsung NEO is finished in glass, stainless steel and black and decorated with a curved grip that fits perfectly integrated hand. The result is a premium look with interesting details designed to bring harmony into any home decor.
Samsung oven is equipped with built-preheat ensures rapid preheating a shorter time and lower power consumption.Easy to clean
A catalytic cleaning system makes it easy to keep the oven clean. The catalytic liner at the rear of the oven absorbs grease from splashes and drips during cooking and at high temperatures any residue will oxidize.
A massive 70 litre capacity gives you more flexibility. For family meals or parties, you can cook multiple dishes at once, like trays of cookies or casserole pots, or accommodate large items.
7. Zanussi ZOD35802XK Built In Double Oven
Going for a double convection oven is a great way to maximise kitchen space. And this Zanussi number gives you over a 100 litres of space (can’t argue with that).
The fan ensures heat is distributed evenly and thoroughly, resulting in proper and even cooking. Because there are two chambers, you have plenty of room to cook the largest of meals all year round.
Hate cleaning your oven every so often? We all do, especially after some grilling or after a slight spillage. Thankfully, with this oven, the catalytic StayClean oven lining means you don’t have to grab your Marigolds. Just give it a wipe every week and it will remain looking like new.
If you have little ones running round then the auto-stop anti-tip shelves and heatproof glass door will keep them safe and prevent any accidents. It looks stylish, has heaps of settings and is quality. Just beware that as it is a double oven, if it is placed very high it may become difficult to view the controls.
8. NEFF N50 Slide&Hide B3ACE4HN0B Built In Electric Single Oven
The Neff B3ACE4HN0B is a super built in electric single multifunctional oven that brings an array of easy to use functions to the table. It may be a single oven but it has the capability to cook three meals at the same time. What’s more, the CircoTherm system ensures all meals are cooked evenly and without transferring flavours from one food to the another!
It also comes with a programmable timer that shuts the oven off once your meal has been cooked and a ceramic interior that makes it grease-proof, therefore easier much easier to clean. As part of the built-in electric range, this cooker can be easily installed and can be easily fitted under the worktop or at eye level.
9. Candy FCP403X Oven Single Fan Stainless Steel
The stunning Candy FCP403X Fan Oven finished in stainless steel, is sure to serve you well for many years to come with its wide range of features. This A energy efficiency rated Candy FCP403X Oven features a spacious 65 litres net oven capacity. This Candy FCP403X Oven comes with a choice of 4 functions. Its minute minder with auto-shut off facility means you can relax while your food is being cooked. The mark resistant stainless steel control panel of Candy FCP403X Oven features easy to use rotary controls. The double glazed glass door lets you keep an eye on what’s cooking. Other useful features include a cooling fan and variable grill. With its appealing design and overall good quality, the Candy FCP403X Fan Oven will make a good choice.
10. Indesit IFW6330BL Four Function Electric Built-in Single Oven
The Indesit Aria IFW 6330 BL Oven in black helps you make delicious meals while the easy cleaning solutions gives you more time to spend with your family. Featuring our exclusive Click&Clean system, easily remove the oven door in just two steps for quick, hassle-free cleaning. Complemented by the clever Tilting Grill which pulls out and downwards to give you better access to the top of the oven cavity, it’s an easier way to tackle food and fat spits. With 66L of capacity, fan power helps to cook all your favourite family meals, while the Full Surface Grill provides 95% coverage of the oven roof for an all-round heat, plus uniformed browning with no burnt edges or uncooked areas. Plugging into the mains socket makes this sleek, yet practical model easy to install into your kitchen, guaranteeing easy eating and even easier maintenance.
How to Choose an Electric Oven
There is a lot of choice on the market for which type of oven to choose. A freestander, double oven, single oven, cavity size, number of functions, plus more are all elements which need to be considered.
- The most popular choice of oven these days is a built-in oven. This is one that has been fitted into a cabinet designed specifically for it.
- There are various types of built-in ovens: single ovens installed either under the bench or at eve level, double ovens installed as eye-level units, double ovens placed under-bench, and compact ovens. All built-in ovens will require you to have a separate cooktop installed in your bench though. Read on for a closer look at each option.
- Single ovens have all the functions of an oven built into one unit, including the grill. They’re generally big enough for most families’ roasting and baking needs, but some models will have thinner walls and subsequently a larger space inside the oven. It’s worth checking out models from different manufacturers to be sure you get the right size.
- The most common width for a single oven is 600mm, but there are 700mm, 800mm and even 900mm options on the market now. A single oven can either be built into a cabinet under your benchtop, or into a tall cabinet at eye level.
- Double ovens offer the convenience of having a separate small oven, which usually houses the grill, in addition to the main oven. They offer more cooking options as both ovens operate independently of each other.
- There are two types of double ovens. One is a wall oven which will generally be 900mm high. It’s made for building into a tall kitchen cabinet at eye level, as pictured here.
- The other option is built into a specially-designed cabinet under the kitchen bench. These kinds of double ovens are generally only 720mm high. The disadvantage of a built-under style of double oven is that the space inside both ovens will most likely be smaller than you would like, due to the shorter overall height of the appliance.
- The popularity of steam ovens has risen dramatically over the past few years. They can be used to steam fish and vegetables and are said to lock in more nutrients in food than boiling.
- There are standalone steam ovens, which only have steaming functions, or there are combination steam ovens, which carry a higher price tag. Combination steam ovens combine regular electric oven functions with steam, allowing you to use the functions together or separately.
Installation of an oven.
Installing a built-in oven yourself is sometimes possible, but there are a few things you’ll need to check before you install it – it’s not as easy as plugging it in and waiting for it to fire up.
Take a look at the specifications, as some need to be hardwired by an electrician. If you are unsure of anything, we’d recommend consulting a professional. The retailers often have the option to add installation when they deliver your order.
Do I need a Pyrolytic oven?
Most of us see the job of cleaning an oven as a massive chore – but self-cleaning ovens are becoming more common.
A pyrolytic function comes as standard on most smart ovens. The self-cleaning, which is done via heating the oven up to 500C, and burning off any food residue, normally takes around two hours. It’s normal for it to create some ash afterwards – so don’t be freaked out when you’re cleaning up black dust from your floor.
Our ranking and our guide of the best built-in ovens available this year have provided you with a rather broad overview of the main features and what you should keep in mind when purchasing your new built-in electric product. By now your opinions on built-in ovens will be consolidated, right?
Always remember what functions you prefer, calculate the dimensions of your built-in furniture well and, above all, don’t forget the importance of the energy efficiency class. As you will have understood, the fundamental thing is to understand what your personal needs are!
Surely you are now ready to purchase the best built-in oven for you, good luck!